Friday, April 25, 2008

Sobs: Best Player Quote

Thanks Sean from TNIAAM for handing the SOBs off to me to give out the award for Best Player Quote.

For a player quote to stick out in the minds of bloggers for a whole season, he had to have said something profound and meaningful.

The quote had to be in a critical moment in the season and represented something greater.

There was a general theme among a lot of the Syracuse Bloggers on this one. A few bloggers nominated quotes about Donte' Greene's draft status.

Nick Loucks chose a quote from Donte' after the UMass game,

"I just didn’t want to lose the game. I can’t even remember what was going through my head, really."
The Three Idiots on Sports went with Paul Harris after Kyle McAlarney tore SU a new one,
"He had a huge game. His game was so good, it was like we didn't even know the scouting report. He just hit everything.''
The runaway winner for this category however, is something Paul Harris said.

Matt Glaude from Hoya Suxa,
"Paul Harris talking about mentally checking out of the Villanova debacle: "Jonny kept telling me, come on when are you going to be ready to play? I don't know. It is what it is." Nice.
Brian Harrison from Orange:44,
"I shot a three and coach yelled at me. It kind of threw me off and I didn't play after that." – Paul Harris after the Villanova regular season loss. Oh Paul, you actually admitted to dogging it during a game. While I gave him points for honesty, it was something that would not please any fan of the team. He more than made up for it the rest of the season, but when you are a sophomore you are not supposed to act like that anymore."
Josh from Cuse Country,
"I didn't even really try to go get rebounds." Paul had a number of 'brutally honest' postgame quotes this year, I respect him for that.
Sean from TNIAAM,
"[Paull Harris's quote is] not a "favorite" per se but it was Paul Harris stripped bare. And from that game on he rebuilt himself, on and off the court."
So this year's award for Best Player Quote goes to Paul Harris for admitting he quit after the Villanova game.




Back to Troy Nunes for the Final Award at 7PM.

No comments:


Google