Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things are Looking Good for the Flyers

The Flyers absolutely took it to Washington tonight to take a 2-1 series lead in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. Below I recapped the first period and take that first period and basically multiple it by three and you get the game. I didn't get to watch the third period because I had to go to a meeting, but from looking at the play by play and stats it seems like it was a lot like the first two.

The Flyers forechecked and they forechecked and they forechecked Washington into oblivion. Smart, aggressive play won the Flyers this game. It led to the Flyguys outshooting the Caps 33-19. Several Flyers goals came from a direct result of the extra pressure they put on Washington. At times the Caps just couldn't get the puck out of their own zone.

Also playoff penalty shots are awesome. Kudos to Mike Richards for scoring on it. Nice to see he can score on a penalty shot but during the regular season none of these guys could ever score in a shootout.

Game four will be in Philadelphia Thursday night.

Here's a not high quality video of the Richard's penalty shot. You can see everything clear enough which is all that matters. Enjoy.



That's all I got to say on this one. Again check out my recap of the first period, and you can get a real gist of what went on in this game.

Also no link dump tonight. I've got an 8 AM tomorrow and I need sleep. I'll leave you with a link to Troy Nunes's link dump.

2 comments:

big momma said...

I know I'm being repetitive, but GO FLYERS!!!

big momma said...

You know things are going good when Donald Brashear is the greatest threat you have to worry about!


Google