Friday, January 25, 2008

Jerome Lane 20 years later

On the 20th anniversary of Jerome Lane breaking the backboard for Pittsburgh which was the subject of Bill Raftery's famous call, "Send it in Jerome," I bring you Arinze Onuaku bringing down the backboard.


Again

And Again


And another random guy

And Shaq


Can't forget the Tractor Trailer


How bout some Kevin Love?


My favorite, Darryl Dawkins.


Can I get some ham? I mean Darvin Ham.


I think I might be the only one who remembers Nigel Dixon, but he shattered a backboard also.


A math teacher breaks a backboard.


And of course Jerome Lane.



11 comments:

Rush said...

SEND IT IN JEROME is one of the greatest sports sound bytes of all time. Great compilation.

Poncho Sinatra said...

Nice fellas! I did the math teacher representing, very Kurt Rambis of him!

Danny
Cusescoops

Anonymous said...

Wow, a 6' tall math teacher dunking on an 8' goal....

Hope he can afford the replacement board.

Jarrett said...

Tremendous post. Was the math teacher trying to intimidate students before a teacher student game?

Anonymous said...

Here's another angle of a good one from last fall: http://www.thepalestra.com/schoolsite.php?sid=1739&id=7575

Eric (Extra P.) said...

Darvin Ham... who'da thunk it?

Jameson Fleming said...

Eric I was surprised as you when I found that.

@jc Thanks. I think that was his way of saying I'm going to kill you on the basketball court, and I don't you're going to fail my class.

MariusJanulisForThree said...

Look at you...links on Deadspin, Big Lead...you're all growns up.

Anonymous said...

Nigel "Big Jelly" Dixon?

I totally forgot he transferred out of FSU.

He was awesome.

MCMC said...

Congrats to you good sirs on your mention in Deadspin. Very impressive,for sell outs! I mean we do our thing just for the love of blog man. Ha ha no thats really great. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

More Syracuse content -- in that Shaq video we have a Derrick Coleman sighting! I remember seeing that happen live... since DC was on the Nets I started watching their games fairly often, mainly on SportsChannel. Ah the good old days of Raftery and Spencer Ross.


Google